Making watches visible in low Light or at night has been a perplexing problem since wrist timepieces were first invented. While watchmakers thought the problem was solved 100 years ago with the use of radium; it quickly proved too radio active and dangerous. Radium was outlawed for use in watches over 50 years ago.
Luminous substitutes found in 95% of watches sold today require the use of an external Light source to recharge the illumination. Many owners complain that the luminous paint works poorly and fades quickly; often in just minutes of darkness.
Finally; today we have a new technology that provides bright; even Light and will work for 25 years without fail: TRITIUM GAS VIALS inserted on the hands and dial of the watch.
The new generation of Tritium Watches are the easiest in the world to read in low Light conditions and even in total darkness. The Light emitting devices require no battery power or any other form of charging; and never needs servicing or maintenance. Tritium gas is captured in tiny; airtight vials; sealed under high pressure; are resistant to water; oil and the most corrosive materials. A very safe and very minute quantity of tritium Lights up the dye. This same technology is available in many firearms for use in gun sights. Most hunters and marksmen are already familiar with this great technology. If its important for you to tell the time quickly and easily in low Light or total darkness; then a Tritium Watch is exactly what you need. Tritium watches glow up to 100 times more brightly than ordinary luminescent watches. And they require no external Light source to recharge the illumination.
- Professional chronograph quartz movement by CITIZEN/Miyota
- Flexible lugs to handle the stress of action and aid in the ergonomically fit and design
- Dual illumination system Super-LumiNova and tritium tubes Swiss T25 mb micro tec
- Non Glare super flat mineral crystal with a sapphire coating
- Date indicator
- Screw down crown
- 200meter water resistant 20atm A true divers watch
- Rotating bezel
- Oversize rubber strap
- 24 hour zone indicator
- Crown Protector
- Gearhead logo engraved clasp on strap
- 316L stainless steel surgical finish
- Screw in Caseback rather than snap
- Orange 12 indicator tritium tube blue on remaining hour markers
- Serial number watch
- 47mm Case Diameter with crown
Band Color: Black Rubber; Band Width: 23mm near case; 23mm near clasp/buckle; Bezel Color: Silver; Case: Silver + Circle-shaped; Case Finish: Polished + Stainless Steel; Case Thickness: 14mm; Case Width: 45mm; 51mm with crown; Clasp / Buckle: Strap Buckle; Dial: White + analog; Hand Color: Silver; Illumination: Tritium + Luminous Hands And Markers; Movement: Other + quartz; Time Zones: Single; Water Resistance: 20ATM;